Sunday, July 13, 2008

Getting the feel for it...


Today me and my roommate went downtown and saw San Luis Obispo with tourist eyes. We took pictures and pretended to be tourist. It's funny because we saw our town in a different light we noticed things that we usually would just walk by with out noticing it. We walked by old buildings and appreciated them. We walked into this store called We Olive and the friendly lady gave us olive oil and balsamic vinegar samples and educated us about how to appreciate olive oil and balsamic vinegar. We learned a lot and just felt really good about experiencing something new right in our own little town. I felt like I was in Europe already exploring the non-tourist things about a town. I absolutely loved it. We walked from our house to town and had some good conversations while walking. We realized that we should learn to slow down our lives and enjoy ourselves by doing such simple things as walking. We really felt like we LIVED life and enjoyed it because we were living in the now, in the moment, and that was a feeling of peace and enlightenment for me, because now I know what life was meant for...to be appreciated, charished, and most importantly enjoyed. I hope more people would take the time to just stop and ask a question about life, love, and the liberty we have to do anything we want in this world. Sorry for haveing to get so deep but I think that this is just the beginning of many deep thought provoking entries because I know that I will come back from Europe a changed man. Just like those people who have traveled the world and now are changing the world to make it a better place because they have seen what its like somewhere else. I want to be able to bring that feeling home and share it with others so that they too may pursue their goals and aspirations. Wow so now moving on to what I did today...
We then went to Barnes and Noble where we picked up some Italian guides and just got lost in reading about Italy. We were hungry so we decided to go to a cafe to experience the cafe culture of Europe. We went to Linnea's Cafe which is my favorite cafe and Nick loved it we were taking pictures and this girl offered to take a picture for us and she turned out to be an Italian. So we talked and she told us the whole scoop about Italy and we talked for a good while. She told us about the Amalfi Coast and Capri. She said it was a must see, so we will check it out to see if she is right. It was so nice to meet her because she was cultured and we had an intelligent conversation about stuff. We then left and took some pictures at the mission and I am home now reading up on Italy excited now more than ever because I felt like a tourist and it was fun. We need to book Paris, Brussels, and Berlin. I will be reading the book Agony and Excstacy which is about Michelangelo's life and it will enhance my experience in Florence.

No comments: