Wednesday, December 10, 2008

End of November

11/30/08
Sunday we were suppose to get up at 6:30am to go to the Vatican but it didn't happen since we only had two hours of sleep. So we got up around 12ish and then decided to go to the Vatican on our own. We randomly run into Brian and his mom in the METRO how random is that! So we all go out to eat at some pizzeria that had mediocre service with some decent pizza. I actually I just didn't like the waiter. But besides that it was alright. We then go to the Basilica and look at the outside because the line was ridiculous. We then go to the Vatican Museum and it was closed. So we go back home and we get a personal tour of the closed coliseum and forum. then we go to the Cirrcus Massimo which basically is a track covered in dirt next to the Palantine Hill.
We then go to the Piazza del Popolo and start our shopping experience en route to Nick's house. I got a wool jacket that looks sharp. Everyone got something.
We get to Nick's house and were hungry. Nick only has spaghetti so me and Omid went to some fast food joint and had an awesome meal. I actually really liked the chicken sandwich.
We go home take a nap until midnight get ready and go out. We went to Scholar's again and it was really relaxed there were very few people out and about. We get a table and some peanuts and just hang out watching football until 4am.

11/29/08
So we get out of bed around noonish. We go out to lunch over by the Pantheon and then we split up so that they go out to the catacombs. Omid, Nick, and I end up going to Piazza Navona and then the Julius Caesar museum. It was really cool to be able to see all the artifacts and stuff of Caesar's era. We then went home and napped until like 8pm to then get ready for dinner and some more partying later on. We went to some trattoria that was okay. The food was probably good but I didn't feel all that great. So we go back to Nick's house and played flip cup with wine and then walked over to the Spanish Steps. Omid got some really great videos of us out there. We then walked to Campo di Fiori had a Mojito and then had to leave so we went to Scholar's again and hung out until 4am again.
We met some really cool east coast girls so that made our night better not to mention that I saw some people from my program.

11/28/08
Naturally I woke up a bit late like at 9am and we went with Nick and his CEA group on a tour of the Catacombs of Rome. It was cool but nothing too exciting. We met up with some girls from my program who were coming in that morning. It was pouring rain when we met up at the Trevi Fountain around noonish. We went to eat and had an awesome meal...although I have had better in Florence. After that we went to the Capitolini Museum. It was really cool because they had a lot of ancient Roman statues and artifacts that I really enjoyed seeing. We then split up after the museum because we were all tired.
Then we get food on our own and meet up with the girls around 9pm after we took a nap.
We preparty and then hit up Campo di Fiori. We party hard and I partied especially hard. I had a one mixed drink too many and I was feeling really good needless to say...so I danced, drank, and then went to some clubs. I was feeling so good that I didn't even do anything other than try to not close my eyes or else I felt like I was going to fall. The taxi ride there did a number on me and I spat out the window. I had absolutely no idea where we were. But I was in good company and I knew that my friends were going to be there for me. It was crazy because I never blacked out or lost my senses. I was proud of myself for that. Then when we were wondering were Nick was because we needed to get home bam he walks in the club. The timing could not have been better!! It was perfect. We then all get a ride back to his house. You would think that would be the end of the night...wrong!! Not in Roma. So one of the girls for some odd reason didn't want to sleep away from here passport. Everyone else was going to crash at Nick's house but no her. So Omid and one of her friends stayed with her outside. I was like PEACE and I went straight to bed. I wasn't going to take any of their bull ish. It turns out that they had some crazy ordeal where their taxi stalled in the middle of the road and they got nowhere. So they ended up staying at Nick's place after all. Then we called it a night around 5 or so probably.

11/27/08
Today I had class until 12pm so after that me and Omid took care of business and he did some shopping. We then get home and realize that everyone had plans for thanksgiving and we really didn't. So our initial plan was to have some Chinese food just the two of us. Then last minute we make a few phone calls and were off to Roma. We figured out when the trains were leaving and we got the last train from Firenze to Roma. We had fun talking about stuff on the train and then we get into Roma. We were really hungry and didn't have any other choice but to go to our least favorite American fast food joint of which I can't even mention. :(
It did the job though, but that's not all! We get there and we can't eat in the restaurant because it was closing so we were like ok we'll go to the one downstairs so we go and start eating when we get kicked out by some guard. So we then go towards the Metro only to find out that it was CLOSED at 11:30pm So had no choice but to go outside with our food and it was cold and it was sprinkling and we had nowhere to sit. So we found some construction barracks were we could put our food on and ate there. Omid took some video of our whole ordeal.
We then finished our meal and had no choice but to walk. Last time I was in Rome I remember walking and thinking it wasn't that far. So I had no map but I trusted myself and I remember walking down a few streets trying to recollect. I then picked a road and went with it and what do you know it was the right one! I was so happy no because I was on the right road but because I trusted my instinct and I was right. We keep going and then get to my roommate's house and call him....Well he didn't answer then I called up another friend and I got hung up on..so much for that "friend". We were running out of options and I out of patience. Luckily the rain wasn't too bad but it was lightly sprinkling.
We then start walking towards the hotels and fail at finding something reasonable. So I turn to Omid and ask him "What does your gut instinct tell you?" He said I think that he is still in his house. Then a second later I get the call and it's him. Then I look at my phone and the battery dies!! It couldn't have been better timing!! I was in awe. We get in and settle down and get ready to go out. We got to this place called Scholar's Lounge and I got to see the friends of Nick from Rome. They were playing really good music and I delighted myself in some Guinness. We ended up leaving like at 4am considering it one of the most unique Thanksgiving's I have ever had.

I had to control my emotions a lot. Not to mention that I had someone ditch me and someone else forget that I was coming because they were "napping". It ended up being an okay rest of the night. I have to see everything as a learning experience I did alright.

11/26/08
So we went to class and after that Polly, Omid, and I went to a Trattoria that was awesome. It got full within minutes of our arrival and we had some really great food. Some spaghetti and lasagne, then we had some pork and veal. Wow we had a good lunch. Then we went to get Polly a haircut and Omid did some more shopping. We were pretty exhausted from the lack of proper sleep and from the wine we had at lunch. So we crash out for a while and then get ready to go out. But I didn't go out I was too tired.


11/25/08
So I didn't go to any of my classes today and I worked on a project of mine for one of my classes. Then went around shopping and then went to a soccer game. Funny story is that I bought the tickets and then left them at some store. We then got a bus and went on an adventure and we got some more tickets on our way to the stadium. So we get in and meet up with all of our classmates and we take over a small section of the stadium. Our professor was with us so that was interesting to see him there. He loves soccer like most italians. The Fiorentina lost 2-1 to some French team called Olympae Lyons. They played well and there were a lot of close ones.
Then after the game we went and had Tortellini's at one of the girl's house. We end up staying there because we all have the same class the next day.

11/24/08
So instead of staying in I decided to go out with just my friend. I get anxiety sometimes and I am learning how to cope with it. I figured out that I just have to get out of where I am at and talk to someone that I trust. So that's exactly what I did since I couldn't get a hold of certain people through skype...
We walked around and we ended up going to a bar called J.J. Cathedral. We chat it up I have a Newcastle and then Polly and his friends show up at the same place we were at! We then all get together and start shooting the wind. I had let out my stress so the timing was perfect. Were there for a while and then we leave for home. We get home and it's a raucous we are all singing, yelling, and laughing. I know we woke up our roommates. Then Polly and my friend and of course myself had a heart to heart and then we went to sleep.

That was after midnight so technically it was the 24th today I got out of bed at noon and then went to the market to get the weekly groceries.
We then got some plane tickets to go to Dublin and Galway Ireland. Watched a few shows on my roommates computer. We then went in search of an apperitivo but it was a bit too late so we then ended up at a sushi bar...yes a sushi bar. I could not believe it until I was inside. It wasn't my idea it was my friend who wanted to go and I just went along with it. Once I was inside I was tripping out because it never ever crossed my mind to eat at a sushi bar. I had some 6 pieces of sushi and it was expensive but it made my stress/depression go away, I'm sure the Guinness after the meal helped too. But it's mostly me being sad at the fact that I am going to leave. I have capitalized on as much as I can and I feel fulfilled for the most part. I know that I will return so that makes me feel better, I get the feeling that it will be sooner than later too.
Me and my friend just chilled and hung out for the rest of the night shooting the wind.

No comments: