11/12/08
Today we went to class and we went on a field trip. We looked at some stores and I got some good ideas for businesses. After our class me and my roommate went to the market to get some food. We ended up at the Da Rocco place and we sat down. Within a minute we had wine, bread, menus, and cups at our table. Within the next minute they wanted our order and it was hustle hustle hustle. We got an entire 1.5 liter bottle of wine to ourselves that tasted just like grape juice. We literally drank it like water...that had its consequences.
I had a plate of roast beef meat strips and my roommate had a plate of roast beef stew. It had more flavor than mine but whatevers.
SO THE CRAZY PART OF OUR MEAL!! The waiter actually came to us and asked us if everything was okay and if we needed anything. That has NEVER happened here or anywhere else I think. It was so great that we even gave the waiter a tip something we hadn't done either. It was really cool she made our day. So we left and we took a glass of wine for the road and stumbled our way home at around 1pm in the afternoon.
When I got home I went to sleep until around 5pm and started working on my blog. It's dark now so it's kind of sad.
11/11/08
I had an awesome start to my day today. For my Italian class we met up at a locals market called San Ambrogio and we had to go on a scavenger hunt looking for foods and places. It didn't even seem like a class. I got a cappuccino and then I got some of the freshest product of Firenze. For my next class we met up at a piazza and she brought us bread to munch on. We then took a bus to our destination looked at a last supper at some monk's dinner hall. Then we came back and looked at another last supper fresco at a nun's dinner hall. Oh I forgot to mention that in this class last week we made a fresco painting using the exact same technique Leonardo Da Vinci would have used when he painted his frescos. I made a pretty cool portrait of some saint. This class inspired me to want to paint/draw again. When I was a little kid I remember that I used to paint all kinds of pictures from my Loin King book and I remember being good at it. Me and my friend would compete to see whose was better, back in third grade!!
So I enjoyed this class period a lot. Then I went to my food class and talked about how Italian eat and how it contrasts from our eating habits.
So this is what I learned: Italians eat like five or six times a day...hence their physique, and they eat smaller portions that are 10 times more healthier than what we eat.
Breakfasts are composed of a pastry and a coffee around 10 a fruit snack a light lunch at like 1:30 then a tea break between 3 and 5 pm and then the heavy full on on dinner at 8pm. The cuisine depends on what foods are in season. Pasta is eaten pretty much everyday with little meats and a lot of veggies.
So I came home and this is what I ate...a bunch of pickles green olives that were soo good, they have a tang but its so good. Then I had lasagna and a side dish of cooked peas, cooked bell pepper, steamed carrots/broccoli, and grilled cherry tomatoes. Then another entree of egg plant and mozzarella cheese...but I was too full to eat all that because I had been eating bread all morning. My Italian teacher also gave us a small piece of bread too.
After that we went to an aperitivo that was really great. I had pasta and all kinds of cheeses pecorino, parmesan, and all kinds of cold cuts. It was gooood we got an entire bottle which entitled everyone to at least two glasses of wine. So we got our good meal and then we went home. When we were home we watched like three episodes of Entourage. A really cool show that I used to watch when I was a sophomore in college. We had one more glass while watching the show.
My Final Week in Italy
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment