Today I awoke with a different attitude and I went to breakfast and started talking to another Canadian girl. She was Egyptian though which made her all that more interesting. We chit chatted but that was it. It just se the momentum for the rest of the day and allow the positive energy to flow. I went back to my room and I met some Argentineans that were getting ready to go out and leave. I felt kind of bummed out because I liked their Spanish Italian accent. Then I looked out my window to see if it was going to rain and I spark up another conversation with another Argentinean from the window of my room. I finish and go downstairs and meet all of them. They share with me some of their Matee which is crushed tea of some kind and hot water and they suck it out of a straw that has filters at the bottom. I felt like I was going to do some drug because it looked so different from anything I had ever seen. But I tried it and it was really good and we talked about the differences in our culture and customs and how we had to go to another continent to learn this about each other.
I was going to go on the 11am tour of Paris but I decided to spend some more quality time getting to know them and learn more about them. It was well worth it because I felt like I learned so much more and it just feels good to not allow time to dictate your life, instead I control time by not letting it control me.
So I went on the one o'clock tour after I had ate a Mexican Chicken French sandwich. It was good and somewhat spicy, I could not figure out what was so "Mexican" about it. But anyways I joined the tour which by the way is Free and no there was no catch. It really was free the guides make their money through tips, so they do a really great job and are very knowledgeable about what they are showing us. So I was waiting and then this Australian looking girl started walking towards the tour and we started talking. We had a great conversation and we hung out for the rest of the tour. At the end me and here went to see Napoleon's Tomb which was on my must see list and then we went for a drink before we ended up at my hostel to pick up Nick and go out with her group that were at the Louvre. So we all got together and walked around seeing the sights by night and then we went to pub and hang out. Me and Nick had mentioned something about going to Normandy to see a D-Day Beach but we never really got around to it. I would have left France with that desire, BUT these girls were going there the next day and we were planning on leaving the next day so with out any hesitation we jump on the bandwagon and head out to Normandy just like that the next morning. It was so liberating.
Gratitude: I am am thankful to have met great people today.
My Final Week in Italy
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment